Up 'n' Coming Posts

- My Blush Collection
- Makeup Tips for Brides
- Bridal Portfolio
- I Heart Taupes: My Collection
- FOTD/OOTD
- Product Reviews: Hits 'n' Misses
- The Best Concealer out there....

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Current Cleansing Routine

So, I wear some hardcore foundations that provide the 'stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun' (as per Blackadder season IV). I am talking ELDW and the newly released MAC prolongwear foundation (review coming up shortly) and I need me some real heavyduty stuff to get rid of it - so here goes my routine.

1. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm (approx AUD 60)


It is a white emollient which, when rubbed between fingers, becomes an oil and dissolves even the most stubborn of makeup. It is fragrance free and the cons are firstly, the unhygienic dipping of fingers into the tub (I use a small spatula) and secondly that it feels like it leaves an oily film on the face so I finish off with a bit of Neutrogena. I would not recommend this product to those with oily/combination skin.

2. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (approx AUD 13)

It is a water-based cleanser with a not-so-nice smell but helps get rid of the residual makeup muck left on my face. It does however, makes my skin feel a little dry afterward. And because I am OCD, every night I finish off my routine with a facewipe (just to make sure I am officially facially nekkid of mu:))


3. Neutrogena Makeup remover cleansing towelettes (approx AUD 9)

Soft refreshing facewipes especially lovely after a long day of hard work, leaving my skin prepped and primed for moisturisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment