Up 'n' Coming Posts

- My Blush Collection
- Makeup Tips for Brides
- Bridal Portfolio
- I Heart Taupes: My Collection
- FOTD/OOTD
- Product Reviews: Hits 'n' Misses
- The Best Concealer out there....

Sunday, October 24, 2010

HS item: MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation



Rumours all a flutter, I heard many great things about this foundation - but unfortunately, I was hugely disappointed. *Sigh* - maybe, I should just stop believing....believing that the perfect foundation exists out there.

Where do i begin....

CONS:

- Yes, Mrs Oompa Loompa I became. Normally, I am well colour matched to olivey-yellow MAC SFF NC30, but NC30 in MAC PLW was more orange than well,.... orange. Absolutely horrible colour selection MAC (get it right for goodness sake, isn't colour what your brand is all about!?!), because even though NC25 was lighter, it was....still, Dale Winston-like (an orange TV presenter who must have been 'Fanta'D' in a previous life).

-And if looking orange wasn't bad enough, MAC decides to make your face and neck even more 'fashionably' uneven with the foundation oxidising to a lovely (ah-hem) Snooki colour.

- Cakey on the skin. Actually maybe I looked more like.....

....an orange cake.

- Streaky sheer to medium coverage.

- Very sticky at first but then atleast that disappeared as the liquid sets. It felt very heavy on that i couldn't wait at the end of the day to cleanse my face.

- Difficult to blend

- Appears semi- matte but with its cakeiness it was very ageing.

- Doesn't stink of paint like my MAC SFF but it doesn't smell like a bed of roses either.


PRO:

- Lasted 8 hours (but so does my ELDW)

- It has a pump - woop-diddy-doooooooooo :(


CONCLUSION

Four words = Don't. Waste. Your. Money.


No comments:

Post a Comment