Up 'n' Coming Posts

- My Blush Collection
- Makeup Tips for Brides
- Bridal Portfolio
- I Heart Taupes: My Collection
- FOTD/OOTD
- Product Reviews: Hits 'n' Misses
- The Best Concealer out there....

Monday, October 11, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains Review Part II

So the only product I bought from the Dr Facilier collection was MAC LE Resort Life lipgloss. Wow - i mean - Wowza.....



....check out the swatch!



A gorgeous apricot shimmer-ling sparkilicious number. Perfect for a dab at the top and bottom cushion of (i.e. middle 1/3 of upper and lower) lips to give the illusion of more of a pout. This is a must have IMO.

Right, onto the mineralised eyeshadows (MES). Two were released in the Maleficent collection: MAC LE She Who Dares and MAC LE My Dark Magic and both are very similar to the MES released in the MAC Style Black collection last year. However, you do get more bang for your buck in that you receive 3.2g (versus 2.2g Style Black MES) of product with much, much better pigmentation.



L to R : MAC LE She Who Dares and MAC LE My Dark Magic


MAC LE She Who Dares (first two swatches were not foiled and the last two were).


MAC LE My Dark Magic (first two swatches were not foiled and the last two were).

Aren't the foiled ones gorgeous.....:)

Well next onto the nailpolishes. They look so cool in the bottle and seem so un-dupeable (although I have heard rumours that Orly NPs in the US have great dupes) but *poo* here in Aus I have found no such thing. So, I needed to get my mitts on these and well, to be frank, I am very disappointed. The payoff is basically cr@p and I have to seriously layer the product on to get any opaqueness whatsoever (which means a day and forever for the darn things to dry).


L to R: MAC LE Bad Fairy and MAC LE Formidable


The only blush I purchased was MAC LE Bite of An Apple (Evil Queen). Yes, I know, I am a sucker for hype - thanks to MUA :) But no regrets here because I do not own a similar blush shade in my collection. It is HIGHLY pigmented and looks scary in the pan, but you can tone it down with a sheer layer only.


As you can see from the swatches below it is a matte, more red than orange coral, whereas MAC LE Hipness is more pink and NARS Torrid is similar but with a fine gold glitter.


L to R: MAC LE Hipness, MAC LE Bite of An Apple, NARS Torrid

So, final thoughts are...I actually love all the products save for the NPs and recommend you snap them up ASAP. The Buzz or hype on MUA was for MAC LE Bite of an Apple and I highly recommend both the MES. In Hong Kong, I heard the NPs were sold out quick-stat and in Thailand the beauty powder Oh So Fair. Each to their own I guess, but you need to check these babies out.....HTH

-Fiffi x

No comments:

Post a Comment