Up 'n' Coming Posts

- My Blush Collection
- Makeup Tips for Brides
- Bridal Portfolio
- I Heart Taupes: My Collection
- FOTD/OOTD
- Product Reviews: Hits 'n' Misses
- The Best Concealer out there....

Saturday, October 9, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains Review Part I



Once upon a time in a Far Far Away Land... lived Princess Fiona who remembers her trips to Disneyland when she was a little girl and loved to dress up in her prettiest pink frock whilst dreaming of marrying her prince. Twenty years on....Fiffi married her gorgeous hubby Shrek in a beautiful castle (uh-hum *clears throat* i actually did do this tee hee) and still loves to dress up in pink and buy lots and lots of make up.

What an anticipated collection - Venomous Villains - they are ALWAYS the COOLEST characters. Dare I mention The Joker (Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger) and Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) in the Batman films. Honestly, I haven't been this excited since the MAC 226 brush was released from the MAC Colourcraft collection and I seriously HAULED. I am not going to bother telling y'all the nitty-gritty except to say there were four sub-collections within the Venomous Villains collection: 1. Evil Queen (accounts for most of my purchases) 2. Maleficent 3. Cruella De Vil 4. Dr Facillier (there are so many other websites who have more details - like Temptalia), so why repeat, repeat, repeat (get it?!?) etc?

But what may be useful, is to let you know what I bought and recommend....so here it goes.

Lipsticks




MAC LE Innocence Beware (Cruella de Vil): Sheer pigmentation warm more pink than apricot colour




L to R : MAC Creme D'Nude, MAC Myth, MAC LE Innocence Beware, YSL RV No. 2, YSL Tea Rose No 148, YSL RV No.1

MAC LE Innocence Beware is between Myth and Creme D'Nude, the former being that tad bit more coral-ly, and the latter lighter and sheerer. So you don't need to HAVE this but if you are a pinky nude hoor (like myself)....then why not add an extra limited edition one to your already ridiculous MU hoard...

MAC LE Toxic Tale (Evil Queen): Seriously bright opaque more orange than red coral lipstick




L to R: MAC LE Toxic Tale, MAC Lady Danger


Not a great photo, but Toxic Tale is more orange than the photo above betrays and not as red as Lady danger.




I also purchased MAC LE (Evil Queen) Strange Potion. It is a beautiful slightly opaque pinky coral lipgloss and i love it so much (i have nothing in my makeup collection at home that even comes close to a dupe) so I bought a backup :)

What can I say....wrt to the rest of the lipsticks, I just knew I was not going to wear those colours and I personally, dislike any purple undertones in a lippie for fear that my teeth may look yellow. So, I skipped the other lippies.

Next, is the MAC LE Oh So Fair (Evil Queen) beauty powder. It is a great almost translucent pinky powder that gives a lovely fresh glow. I did not bother swatching it as it would most certainly not show on camera.



Before moving onto part deux, I thought I would just end this post by discussing the packaging. I hate it... fullstop, endof. It's outer covering is shiny black with silly 'almost sticker-like' pictures equating to -IMO - cheap and tacky. They could have done so much more. For example, when opening the beauty powder, one could see a clear outlined picture on the compact mirror of the 'mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all' character. Even the character sketches on the cardboard MU packages could have been a fun 'twist' on the toddler pictures that were produced instead. Well, that is all I have to say about that...Anyhoo, onto part II.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment